March 2, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am writing with important information about the future of Imagine Schools at Tempe. Please read this letter carefully as it contains details about your child’s education for the 2018-2019 school year.
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018, our school’s Governing Board voted to close Imagine Schools at Tempe at the end of this school year. The decision was made as a result of continuing low enrollment, despite many years of effort to create an economically sustainable school.
This was not a decision made lightly as we know it affects the future of our students and families. Although painful, we are committed to closing in a way that demonstrates integrity and that best meets the ongoing educational needs of the students we serve. This means:
- Maintaining strong bell-to-bell academic focus up until the very last day of school.
- Hosting parent meetings on Monday March 5th and March 6th from 5:00-6:00pm to enable families to ask questions and make the best academic choice for their child for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Working with families and their new schools to ensure a smooth and orderly transfer of records.
- Assisting faculty and staff with a smooth career transition.
- Working collaboratively with our Governing Board, The Arizona Charter School Board, and other key state stakeholders to ensure a smooth, orderly, and positive transition for all involved.
It has been a point of pride to partner with you, our families, in providing a positive public education choice for your child. We believe our mission of developing the character and enriching the minds of our students is a legacy that will continue to benefit your child and our community.
Please be watching for more information about the enrollment fair we are scheduling to assist you in making another choice for your child for the coming school year. In the meantime, be assured that all of us are committed to finishing the school year strong and working with you to ensure a smooth transition for your child. Please contact the school office if we can be of further assistance to your family in this process.
Regional Director Southwest Group